Stitching Together Your Experience!

Unlock the door to fabric knowledge!


What jeans are called?

Hey everyone! I am in search of a specific type of jeans that I recently saw a friend wearing. They were slim and had a faded look to them, but they also had some rips near the knees. I really like the style and wanted to know what this type of jeans is called. I have been searching online, but I am not sure what keyword to use. Can someone please help me out and let me know what this type of jeans is called? Thank you!

All Replies


Hey there! As a denim enthusiast, I believe the style of jeans you are referring to is a pair of distressed/slit jeans. These types of jeans usually have intentional rips and frays that give them a worn-in look. They come in different cuts ranging from skinny to boyfriend and can be made from different types of denim or fabric blends.

Distressed jeans have become increasingly popular in recent years, with many high-end designers and mainstream retailers offering their own variations. They are perfect for adding a bit of edge to any outfit and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. I hope this helps!


Hi there! From your description, it sounds like the jeans in question could also be referred to as ripped or torn jeans. This type of denim is designed to have a distressed and edgy look by incorporating intentional tears or holes in the fabric. Ripped jeans have been around for decades, but the style has evolved and become more popular in recent years.

As a personal preference, I would suggest checking out different cuts of ripped jeans to see which style works best for you. Some may prefer a more subtle rip near the knee, while others may prefer a pair with larger, dramatic holes. Regardless of the style you choose, you can definitely make a statement with ripped or distressed jeans!


Hey there! I believe the jeans you're describing are commonly known as distressed or destroyed jeans. They often feature intentional rips, holes, or frayed edges that make them look worn and aged. These details can be subtle or dramatic, depending on the style you're looking for.

Personally, I've found that distressed jeans can be a great way to add some texture and visual interest to an outfit. They pair well with everything from basic tees to more formal blouses, and they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. If you're interested in getting a pair, I'd recommend trying on different styles to see what feels most comfortable and flattering to you. Some distressed jeans can have a lot of stretch, while others may be more rigid, so it's good to find something that fits well and feels good to wear.


Hi there! I think the jeans you're talking about are commonly referred to as ripped or distressed jeans. They have become increasingly popular in recent years, with tons of different styles available on the market. From subtle frayed edges to large, dramatic rips, there are plenty of options to choose from.

I personally love the look of distressed jeans because they can add a lot of personality to an outfit. You can style them in so many different ways, from a casual daytime look with sneakers and a graphic tee to a more dressed up look with heels and a blazer. They're also a great way to show off a pair of statement shoes because the rips and holes draw attention to the ankles.

When shopping for distressed jeans, I recommend trying on a few different styles to see what works best for you. Some may prefer a more subtle distressing, while others may want something more dramatic. It's all about finding what makes you feel comfortable and confident!

New to Fabric Guide Community?

Join the community